Are you Polish living and working in the Netherlands?
Are you Dutch working with Polish people?
If your answer is YES, this training with NOLORES is for you!
The aim of the 3-hour session is to make attendees aware of the intercultural differences between Poland and the Netherlands. The training will show, how both societies are organized and which cultural business aspects are relevant for doing successful deals.
By the end of the session, participants will have acquired insights and techniques to:
- Understand the culture of the people with whom they interact professionally
- Be aware of their own cultural preferences (group)
- Analyse possible situations in which misunderstandings may arise and identify ways of improving communication
- Making the most out of cultural differences and the added value they generate
- Reduce stress and misunderstandings in a cross-cultural environment
- Anticipate and prevent breakdowns in communication stemming from cultural differences
- Identify common cultural preferences within professional/business cultures Develop common values to ensure effective cooperation
LOCATION: Trade and Investment, Department of Trade and Investment Promotion of the Polish Embassy in The Hague
Van Lennepweg 51, 2597 LG The Hague
DATE: June 13th, 2017
TIME: 17.00 – 21.00
NOTE: Please confirm your attendance by June 3rd, 2017
by sending an email to: email@example.com.
The number of places is limited!
- Theoretical aspects of intercultural communication
- Sharing and exchanging international experiences and putting them to use
Block 1: Theory
- Introduction: Dutch and Polish society, history and culture
- Theoretical models:
- Lewis Model
- Nomad profiler
- Observing vs. being aware
Block 2: Practice
- Exercise on Nomad’s dimensions
- Hierarchical distance
- Applying the rules
- Focal point
- Time management
- Dispute resolution
- Expressing emotions
- Wrap-up, feed-back, next steps
NOLORES is a young, international coaching and training consultancy company specialized in cross-cultural behaviour.
With a team of international experts, Nolores focuses on improvement of intercultural and cross-cultural awareness and provides training and business solutions in this field.
The ‘Advancing X-cultural competencies’ methodology used by Nolores is based on the conviction that business comes with trust and trust comes with understanding.
This approach brings people together and improves (international) cooperation between individuals, organizations and business companies.
For members of the Chamber the training is free of charge.
For non-members, the price is 121 Euro per person (price includes VAT).
Payment must be made by June 3rd, 2017, to the following account number, with the note INTERCULTURAL. After receiving the transfer we will issue you an invoice.
Bank transfer details:
IBAN: NL 72 ABNA 0480744068
BIC / SWIFT: ABNANL2A
Herengracht 582, 1017 CJ Amsterdam
We remain at your entire disposal in case of questions.
Kind regards and hoping to see you soon!